photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

April 10, 2014

Breakfast of Champions (probably not, but who cares)

I got to enjoy a massive 'bitter brick' of chocolate yesterday. It was a rich, dark, delicious just-sweet-enough-brick...that came from Bitter Brick. I don't know what your love language is, but mine is definitely CHOCOLATE! I love all kinds of chocolate from all kinds of countries. Today, it happened to be Belgian. The process was simple and the result was good.


This next picture cracks me up, because at first I told them not to smile or laugh just be really serious...they didn't bat an eye-just scowled and looked very serious! Bless their hearts. Wasn't that so mean of me? It did break the 'awkward-picture' ice though, and we all had a good laugh. Then they all smiled and ta-da! Even after my little joke, they gave me a delicious hot coffee and let me sample the chicken soup...I could easily eat an entire pot of that stuff!  

Rocky Hutchins (owner), Jared Bullington, and Ellie Grace Hughes 
Ellie Grace is the pastry chef. I have to say I was impressed with her. She is 20 and self-taught and is like those people who can play a crazy good tune on the piano by ear. She was gracious and kind and a great teacher...she also makes a mean macaroon! Make sure to grab some for Mother's Day... a pretty treat and a tasty one too!



Had I not been in a rush to get to the dentist, I would have stayed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert, and probably would have walked out with a bottle of wine to boot. I thought make your own yogurt bars were genius...how about a biscuit bar! Does that blow your mind or what?! Picking just one of their awesome breakfast items is hard enough- but choosing from approximately five million butter/jam (or is it preserve?) options...southern HEAVEN.



Looking for a local wine club? Details here!



Stop by and tell them I sent you. 
Also, make sure you ask which pieces of bark I made and buy the one next to it. :/

ENJOY! 

2 comments:

  1. When I get to Columbus, you can bet this is on my "Must-do" list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you waiting for, Marge? Keep the Southern tour going!

    ReplyDelete