photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

October 12, 2014

When I grow up...

Hello, you.

I've been thinking about how to simplify life lately. Then I realize every "simple" idea I have is complicated. So hypocritical of the voices in my head...


I have an incurable idea-itis. Some mornings I hop out of bed, grab a coffee, and am unusually organized...super-mom. Other times, I wake up and just want to be Janis Joplin...I'd make a terrible Janis Joplin. 

Dreamers. 

In this exact moment I'd be content with a little bakery; the kind you find in the movies- quaint, but pretty. Everyday, beside my better half (usually this is the wife, but we like to do things backwards), I'd make warm delicious fritters and fresh baguettes...and other things that are made in bakeries. 

It'd be the place to spend a rainy morning, or to enjoy a slow weekend brunch, or maybe it'd be where folks satisfied a late night sweet tooth. Even the old grump with his worn cardigan and disheveled hair (there's always one) wouldn't be able to resist our special chocolate croissants.

photo credit: c philippeau
To bee-bop down the sidewalk to "work" beside the ones I like/love most, to serve and visit with good people, and to snack on chocolate and carbs all day; This is my (current) idea of luxury.

I'd risk failure and figure to see if it could play out as in my daydream. 

There I am. Image found here

As we'd say in the South, What'chu chewin' on?

Actually, forget that last line. I've never heard anyone say that...but all the bread and pastries made me think of chewing and that seemed like an appropriate metaphor for contemplating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment