photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

October 21, 2014

Chase me!

It's race time in Georgia! I'm excited to partner with this year's event team to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Columbus' Steeplechase and get you ready for that tailgate. Polish the silver and press those linens because in just a few days, the boxwoods will go up and the party with go down as one to remember.

Photo Credit: #chaserace
Photo Credit: #chaserace
I don't know about you, but my life is nuts. I have way too many things crammed into each week, kids who have activities, groceries to buy, laundry to clean, etc. Even though my friends and I don't have much time to plan elaborate tablescapes and fancy meals, we still love the idea of going to the race, setting up a pretty tailgate, and enjoying a gorgeous day with our families.

My talented friend Lisa and I hunted and gathered some of mother nature's best treasures last week and came up with several different inspirations for how to create a gorgeous tablescape on a dime. The oh so talented Dori Nix captured each detail beautifully...her images will give you the confidence to sneak to your neighbor's yard before the sun rises and snip a few of those awesome blooms...not that I'd know anything about that. So risky!



I should point out that this lovely silver container is...wait for it...plastic! Nobody's ever noticed. Shhh...don't tell. Use it, wash it, re-use it, or toss it! You're so welcome...


Try mini pumpkins as place card holders or tie your silverware with a sprig of rosemary.



Save your money for the catering! Look to the side of the road for your centerpiece. We used magnolia leaves (and spraypainted a few gold for a little extra), these amazing purple berries (Can someone tell me what they are?) and extra greenery from Lisa's yard. How simple, free, and pretty is that?  


 Make sure to recruit handsome helpers. We added a few blue hydrangeas to the mix.


How adorable are these individual vases with the wood tags?! They're less than $5.00 here.


Try filling a bowl with gourds for color and texture, if you're not a plant person. 




Now for the food...Feast your eyes on this list of amazing options. JK Culinary knows how to make your tastebuds dance...race on over to the phone and place an order quick! Save me a bite!


I love these flags! They are so fun and make me feel like a kid.

Speaking of kids...Don't forget the littles! Here's what I'm thinking:

the child's guide to steeplechase

No comments:

Post a Comment