photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

August 3, 2014

Paying Homage with Ice Cream

I used to know a man named Clem. He worked at the A&P where my mother grocery shopped. I was three or four and he was probably 50 something; but from where I was standing, he looked like he was on the verge of taking a morning stroll down Heaven's golden sidewalks.

Clem used to pick me up, as soon as he saw us, carry me to the freezer aisle and pretend to lock me up, door closed and all...granted, he always happened to stick me next to the ice cream and popsicles, which takes the whole scenario from potentially creepy to incredibly generous. 

Anyway! I had forgotten about my favorite bag boy (man) until this weekend, when I was walking through the freezer section with my own "helpful" toddler/shopping buddy and saw a coffee ice cream named Clemmy's. 



This treat is sugar free and aspartame free, gluten free, cost free (gotcha!), and rich & creamy just like the container says...it was tasty. I did some research and it turns out this company is doing more than just making good ice cream. I feel like Jimmy Fallon needs to write these guys a thank you note: Thanks, Mr. rich and creamy ice-cream maker man for reminding me of my freezing cold childhood and for the extra jolt of energy at 11 pm...and for the weird orange and blue sugar free coffee lid that reminds me of that creepy underground convenience store my neighbor took me to in 1987 where I ate a party-size bag full of cheese-puffs. 

Ha! You gotta love good memories, good causes, and good ice cream. But do change that lid.

Night, y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment