photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

July 29, 2014

AWKWARD!

If you know me (like if you've had more than one conversation with me), then you know I'm the queen of awkward. I don't know why I've been blessed with this gift, but somebody's got to do it. I've learned to own it instead of letting it own me. I know...hilarious that I'm trying to glamorize this, right?
Here's a little nugget for you to stick in your back pocket. Feel free to pull it out later when you need a self-confidence boost.

I went to the park this morning to burn off some stress...it's been a while since I've intentionally raised my heart-rate. Beeland is nine months old and the brand new baby excuse isn't as effective as it once was. As I finished my mile (a slow speed-walk, if you need a visual), I passed two ladies and a man. They were all probably more physically fit that I am, but it happened that the ladies were walking at a slower pace than I and the man with them was "jogging" at their same speed. I said hello, as I always do. I was chipper and feeling the endorphins swirling all about (as much as endorphins can swirl in a slow speed-walk). Then for whatever reason, I told the man that his walk-jog was "my kind of pace." Quickly I realized that I just congratulated/called-out a stranger for his incredibly slow jog. AWKWARD! Tell me I'm not the only one whose small talk comes out much ruder than intended...?


At this point, I could high-step it in the other direction and avoid them on the second loop...or go further and explain myself. So of course, I did both! If this ever happens to you...just run away as fast as you can. As I kept walking toward the "do not walk" sign, my mouth wouldn't close itself. I explained that I wasn't making fun of him...I was actually quite impressed with his ability to run so casually, staying focused, without even conversing...after all, he was doing more than I was doing. At this point, I was in so deep, I should've just joined them so I could continue to shred them with my compliments.

Honestly. 50% of the time, my mind is just trying to keep up with my mouth...and ultimately some weird comment is met with a blank stare and my chatter trails off with a mumbled "OK, bye!" Should you see me at a park, maybe you should walk the other way. OR better yet, join me! You'll have plenty to gossip about later. Geez Louise...

Hope y'all have a really un-awkward Tuesday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment