photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

September 29, 2014

A Seren-be-day


If you're on the hunt for a nice getaway, keep reading. I'm about to list some random words. If any of them turn you on, then you should get in your car and start driving. Okay, here we go...

the middle of nowhere
general store
farm animals
bed and breakfast
gorgeous houses
chocolate shop
in-ground trampoline
chic shopping
really good restaurants
socializing (maybe with celebrities?)
walking around, wine in hand
farmers market
art
live music

What's that...do I hear you cranking your car? Thought so.

Over the weekend, I turned the big "it's basically over now." Only kidding! Actually, it's just the beginning and thirty got a really good start when my rockstar husband and friends surprised me with a quick trip to SERENBE. If you haven't heard of this little treasure in the 'boonies' of Georgia, I hope this gives you a good picture of what it's like. 

photo credit: Cam Addison's camera ;)
My peeps know me well...and they may have similar interests, which means this gift was mostly selfless on their part. We got to tour my pinterest dream house board in real life. I mean...I'm ready. Done. I'll take it. For a cool 1.2 million (unfurnished), it can be your's and I can live with you. 


These chairs!


This kitchen...


And this gorgeous little space... 


The mix of brick, stone, wood and shingles...everything was spot on.


Moving along...what's more fun than live music, food trucks, good friends...and Michael Douglas


appetizers dinner entertainment 
You aren't seeing things. That's Michael Douglas. Kudos to the Kriegs for suggesting that we grab a drink and a snack, to Mac for his celeb spotting abilities and to that half a beer for the courage to say something. These days, Atlanta is less hot and more 'wood as more and more films are being produced with big budgets and even bigger movie stars. Apparently, lots of actors/actresses have made their way to Serenbe. I don't blame them. You should go! You might get lucky and see one of these superstars...




1 comment: