photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

January 16, 2014


Today, I spent the morning with Keely at iron bank coffee, learning to brew the perfect cup of joe. Richer bolder coffee at home in less than 3 minutes is the difference between Richard Simmons and Oscar the Grouch. Seriously, I haven't enjoyed a black coffee that much since my study abroad days in Italy.

Keely was super cool and was very patient. She should probably win an award for how patient she was, now that I think about it. My ADD would not let me multitask...watching, listening, taking notes, taking pictures, in front of patient customers who just wanted a dang latte. Anyway!
No offense to my Keurig at home. You have gently woken me up every morning for the last five years; but, electronic coffee hour is over...for today anyway.



Coffee fanatics, keep reading. If you have little whiny monkeys climbing all over you or giving each other swirlies in the powder room down the hall (what?), this is what I suggest:

The next time you are in uptown (downtown) Columbus, stop by and let my new friends start your day with their simple pour-over. If you close your eyes while you sip it, you might think you're somewhere you're not. For step by step instructions of how to make one at home, click the link below. 



Dexter, Amber, and Keely, your neighborhood baristas 

No comments:

Post a Comment