photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

November 14, 2014

Shake and Bake

Oh, HAAAAY! 

Slacker, here...good to "see" you guys again! The stomach bug, strep, and a slew of other germs mistook our house for the hotel motel holiday ill and have overstayed their welcome by three weeks. Sometimes you have to back away from the computer to juggle life and hold the chillins'. That's where I've been- on the sofa, scratching backs and holding hair. We're finally on the mend and I'm binging on the internet (or that damn thing that advertises all your personal information, as my grandmother would say). 

I don't know about you, but I'm in the mood for some holiday cheer. Thanksgiving, Christmas (or Hanukkah for many of our friends), New Years...Bring it; I surrender to your warm fuzzies and food comas. 

How do you plan to spend Thanksgiving? Here are some dishes and details I'd like to gobble up (I totally went there), starting with dessert: 

Source
Source

Pass the golden spoon and leave these goat cheese mashed potatoes and me alone.
Source

Source
Source

A little velvet ribbon adds color and texture to your table. This is from a sweet wedding featured on Style Me Pretty. (So simple...but comforting in a pumpkin spice kind of way, right?!)


These inspire me to press the napkins and have them monogrammed. You can't beat Leontine Linens
Side note: It's the season of thankfulness and we're talking about "pressing" our NAPKINS and spending a wad to have them monogrammed. I luh-huh-huv (really love) beautiful things, but there's something about zhushing that makes the rebel in me want to sell everything and reduce my amount of baggage. Have you ever felt consumed by the treasures in your life? I know I do sometimes...especially with all the beautiful images we have access to now. Back to thankfulness...

I'm thankful for this blog. Not so much the blog, but the people I've met because of it...and the wisdom I've gained from watching and listening to them. I'm thankful for the little and big lessons I've had to learn this year. And since it's relative to the season...I'm thankful for all the fried turkeys that have allowed my family to live well and pay the bills.

If you've been reading from the start, you know that we don't just eat turkey in November at my house...it's our year round obligation (more pleasure that obligation, really). Turkey never disappoints, but literally I'm going to turn into a butterball turkey. My adulterous mind is taking me to places it shouldn't...would it be so bad to serve Thanksgiving...steak?

 Okay, maybe for the day after. 


Oh there's more...but the baby wakes and the big kids are home...can we continue this steak discussion later?



  count your blessings, and get your food on.


No comments:

Post a Comment