photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

March 31, 2014

Monday...

I know the weekend just ended, but I feel like some punk hooked me by the shoelaces from a ceiling fan, turned the fan on and left me there to die. Don't read that out loud! It might inspire your first born to teach your middle child a lesson...

Even though I'm a little tired...a lot tired...can't function tired...we had a great weekend with family and friends. Mac had to practice smoking some food for work purposes and we got to enjoy it all...lucky us!

In the past, cooking as a couple has been a civil war of sorts. He doesn't like the way I do things, I don't like the way He does them. He is exact and I toss a little of this and little of that and hope for the best.

Learning from people who cook and bake for a living has been like therapy. I'm getting better about following directions and using the right measuring cups. Turns out, cooking together is pretty great. Now if a F (flour) bomb explodes, it's the result of old fashioned fun not a hot temper.

If you're having company soon, give the following a try.

homemade fries, baked not fried!

amazing ribs in the smoker (rendezvous sauce on the side)

smoked whole cabbage was awesome


brisket and ribs about to go in the ole' Masterbuilt "smokehouse"



No comments:

Post a Comment