photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

March 11, 2014

I'm just waiting for the second [helping]...

As of last night, my life is complete. We had dinner with some friends (new and old) and as soon as I got there, I realized I had entered my happy place...straight up...not just in my imagination.

We ate outside and the weather was California-perfect. The Band was playing in the background.


*Few people have escaped a dinner party at our house without watching/listening to The Last Waltz.

The view was lovely (a stupid-gorgeous landscaped yard, chicken coop included). The table was just-right...a long palette, used as a succulent container, ran the length of the table, our placemats were cedar grilling planks, there were appetizers perfect for everybody...i'm talking string cheese  (kids) wrapped in prosciutto (adults) with TRUFFLE OIL (my first time) for dipping. Maybe you're thinking this is normal...but it's the simple things that send me over the edge with joy. Then came the food...serious comfort food, then some 'ridonculus' lemony-sugar-fest of a thing with whipped cream and a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf on top. And coffee in big pretty mugs. And a blanket to wrap up in. And really good convo that lasted until the next morning (plus two minutes).

Am I losing you in the details? Clearly we've met our musical soul-mates. I had to tell somebody!


No comments:

Post a Comment