photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

April 14, 2014

Brunch with the Bunny

Happy Monday, y'all!! Hope your weekend was full of adventure (the good kind, not the stitches/ER kind). As my grandfather would say, we had a passel of birthday parties between Friday and Monday. I also got to help the girls from Ruffles and Rompers (a local kids boutique) throw a special "brunch with the bunny," which was so much fun. Here are a few pics from our morning. Thanks to Neely for the great pictures!



We decided to 'fancify' a few classic breakfast items. I served grits with thin cheese straws as a garnish in tiny champagne glasses (I painted the bottoms of the plastic glasses with quick imperfect strokes for a little punch). We made french toast and bacon skewers and put together quick little chicken n' waffles - they were a big hit! I wanted to keep things very natural and pretty. I wanted the table to look great, but the store was the focus of this party, so the decorations didn't need to be over the top. I wanted to avoid plastic folding tables and lots of fabric this time, so I borrowed saw-horses and a particle board topper from a friend's workshop. I used oversized tacks to hang the simple tassel swag, upside-down wooden crates to add height and display flowers, and 2x4's became my platters. Sometimes simple (and free) are best! I'll let you in on a secret...chocolate milk and cute straws are all you need to keep toddlers happy for an hour or two!!


One of my favorite details was this sweet arrangement in cracked eggs. (remove the top, empty the yoke/whites, rinse, and add soil and tiny flowers/filler). The egg carton is your vase. Easy and pretty! 

Happy Easter!

(But first, Happy Passover!)


No comments:

Post a Comment