photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

April 17, 2014

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

If you need some "mealspiration" for the weekend, I've got you covered. Remember that cooking class I took in New York a few months back? It may have been just one day, but it changed my entire perspective on cooking. I came home inspired! Maybe it was because in cooking school they force you to read recipes start to finish (which I rarely did before). Or maybe it was because for the first time ever, I was taught HOW to read a recipe. I didn't even know what I didn't know! 



My sweet, witty, and very accomplished friend, Marge, taught my class at the Institute of Culinary Education. She kindly (with a butcher knife in hand) told me that I was slowly killing my entire family and needed to change my food-prep ways. Amongst other things, she told me to never put frozen chicken in a crock-pot. PPSSHH...Who does that? Not me. Never! Well, maybe once...before I knew better. The internet told me to! Now that I know how quickly bacteria multiplies, I plan to save the world one crock-pottin' housewife at a time...Trust me. It's for your own good. I'm telling you this because I love you



Good news! Marge and Craftsy recently worked together to bring us an on-line class all about preparing chicken! If you're intimidated by poultry, or if you're bored with your same old go-to chicken dish, you may want to take the class. Click here to get the 'housewife discount.' (She's generous too...Thanks, Marge!)

One of Craftsy's crew members...I think we would be friends for sure.

You'll learn a lot of what I learned in my class at a fraction of the cost (plus no plane ticket, hotel, or 
taxi fares). Let me know if you take the course and send me a pic of your next chicken dinner!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend! 

Disclaimer: I'm not being paid to share this info. I just happen to have super cool friends & want you to know them too! 




2 comments:

  1. For the record, I did not exactly say "You're killing your family"-- it was more like a suggestion. As in, "You might want to stop doing that before you kill 'em". But I am thrilled to see you are ready to pass along the Word (of food safety) and help others see the light. Does this make you a disciple? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's true. ;) I guess I'm an accidental ambassador? ha!!

    ReplyDelete