photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

August 26, 2014

The snuggie with a side of kleenex

Hello friend! You are looking lovely today! I can't actually see you, but I have this feeling that you look amazing right now...your hair is washed and dried, I bet you remembered to zip your jeans, and I'm willing to bet that you have two matching shoes on your feet. Am I right? See?! I told you...you're looking great. I on the other hand...

I'm at war with seasonal allergies this week. Even though everything's a bit foggy, I still answer to MOOOMMMY!!!. As you well know, cooking, cleaning and other housewife things don't care if you feel like 'shapoopy'. We were running late, as usual, this morning and I didn't have time to dry my hair. Normally work-out clothes and a baseball cap would fix this, but today I had a lunch date with a new gal in town (She e-mailed me after finding and following Proj HW...yay!) 

I ran all the necessary errands this morning and then found myself hustling like a professional loiterer in Ulta, pretending to sample make-up and perfumes (because I had neither with me). Then...brace yourself...I dried my hair with a round brush and their built in sample hair dryer (the one with argan oil ions, of course). Who does that?! Not normal. 

I bought the round brush and some bronzer, which seemed to take away the whole loitering aspect and made me less of a super-nova weirdo...maybe

It's naptime now and I'm making a big pot of homemade veggie soup for dinner. It's below 98 today and football season starts this week, so I feel that soup is appropriate. If it's as good as it smells, I'll share the recipe with you! In the meantime, here's another recipe, if you need some last minute
inspiration.



Keep on keepin' on!


No comments:

Post a Comment