photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

July 15, 2014

What's your Haven?

Hey, you! 

I've been putting off this post, because I'm not sure where to start! I got home late Saturday night from #HavenConf  and I'm still trying to process it all! I didn't prepare too much for Haven, because honestly, I wasn't convinced it would apply to me. I know...what was I thinking? I hardly pulled out my camera, so there aren't too many pictures to share. I was too busy trying to write down a million one-liners and good advice in terms of writing, time management, and building a brand. I'm no Mike Holmes (how's that for a casual segway), but I think there's something in all of us that's constantly stirring, anxiously waiting for it's due date. Do you agree?


Here are a few take-aways from the weekend that were applicable to blogging and life in general.

1. I am (fill in blank); I am not (fill in blank).

2. Recognize your strengths and weaknesses.

3. Take your own path- Don't rush it. (This advice hasn't left me alone in 29 years)

4. Collaborate with your family first...then other people.

5. I pretty much knew zilch about google +. 


I loved being around 500+ folks who were all thinking the same thing...


I didn't try to be best friends with any major brands at Haven (A. my hair was a complete disaster and you should never pitch yourself on a bad hair week. B. My mind was spinning with information...and it's hard enough to walk and drink coffee at the same time.) However, I had to force myself to walk away from one room so I wouldn't tackle a concrete vendor for the chance to get my hands on a few of these uh-maze-ing loungers. Come on...


And who doesn't love Lucy?! She was there with her loot of treasure...she's super creative and handy! 


You'll have to browse instagram for other pictures, as there's a major grainy, weird-angled, selfie situation happening in my iPhone. In the meantime, I'll be here...collaborating with my fam, figuring out who I'm not, adapting to google plus....and maybe DIY'ing something. Honestly, you can't go to a DIY conference and not catch the bug. 

P.S. The Cannon Ball was thrilled to find some goodies in the Haven swag-bag. She put them to good use...well, that's debatable. 

Here's what real life looks like, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment