photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

June 15, 2014

Bing in the Classroom

Happy Father's Day!! We're enjoying a little daddy-bration, (aka giving the World Cup our full and undivided attention), so I'm writing this as we listen to the swiss national anthem. I LOVE watching the kiddos walk out with each team...how amazing is that experience for those boys and girls?!

Speaking of kiddos, MC is on the verge of Kindergarten and we're starting to think a little more about our school options. We're so fortunate in Columbus to have a GOOD selection of private and public schools...I don't take that for granted! In my research and in convos with folks from other parts of the country, I found out about Bing in the Classroom After researching this initiative, I knew I wanted to create a round-table discussion with all of you to try and generate some interest for our local schools!


 

The internet is awesome in that it connects, educates, and inspires, but we all know there are potential dangers as well...especially for minors. My kids aren't allowed to use the computer at home without our supervision and the thought of them having free reign to surf the web at five years old gives me a little anxiety. Bing in the classroom provides ad-free, safe searches for schools and if you join Sign up for Bing Rewards! you can donate earned points to donate Earn a Surface tablet for your school with Bing Rewards! to schools! Bing in the Classroom provides digital literacy lesson plans for teachers, to help encourage kids to learn without distracting ads. As a parent, I find a lot of comfort in knowing that my babies could be protected from inappropriate content while I'm not with them. 





I'm required to disclose a sponsored partnership between our site and Bing. I have been compensated in exchange for this post in the form of payment, product or experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment