photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

May 11, 2014

Plummer, Party of Five

Happy Mother's Day to you, mamas! I got swept off my feet this weekend by Mac and the wild ones. We took an unplanned trip to Atlanta and enjoyed being together all five of us (there were a few times I was wondering when the babysitter would come out of her hiding place...she never did). We had fun and I...I mean the kids...survived. Here's a peek into my iPhone...


After 1,200 pit stops, we landed at Scott's. I found lots of wonderful things that I needed, like this little beauty. I came home with one fabulous cutting board. Don't ask me how this happened. The one day of the year I could get away with just about any purchase my heart desired...I'm a stupid woman. And Mac's a lucky man...we left with a $30 piece of wood instead of a new investment that could one day be passed down to our great-grand-son's wife. Oh well, there's always next month...




Then we spent half of our furniture savings at Crewcuts. Totally worth the joy on this diva's face. I'm so mad that I didn't video the catwalk/soul train dance moves that happened from the front door of J.Crew to the dressing room. WOW. That was a treat. Even better that her daddy joined in and shook it like he owned it right through a line of customers. Happy. mother's. day. to. me. 



Things got a little blurry as we all got sleepy...but we pressed on and made it to the fanciest food court dinner ever. 

                                         

Somehow, miraculously, most of us fell asleep. The next morning, after three cups of coffee, we didn't have the motivation to go to the cool place we had in mind, so we just drove. Coke Zero at McDonald's led us to a beautiful old neighborhood, which led us on a goose chase to find Justin Bieber's house (some things I can't explain), which led us to some mountain man store that wasn't open, which happened to be in the same parking lot as OK Cafe which turned out to be more than just OK. I think we'll find ourselves there again soon.


This was the perfectly unexpected and just-right mother's day weekend. These people wear me out and give me energy at the same time. Now that we're home, they're all asleep, snoring like a bunch of old men and I'm so thankful to have a need for earplugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment