photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

July 8, 2014

Female Dog.

Good morning, housewives (and hopefuls...and veterans)!

Let's get to it, right away:

How real, unpretty, and unstylish are bloggers allowed to be? The web is full of beautiful things- perfect lives, gorgeous outfits, the most delicious meals, dreamy travels, etc...That's all great! I totally support these gifts and opportunities, so please know that I will go to Europe and wear fine clothes and shop the markets if that's what I need to do. Really- who wants to waste time looking at pictures of an uninspired great room or pics of a fast food meal spread out on it's paper wrapper...or a party lacking decor and/or happy, stylish people? However...don't you want to peek behind the scenes? I do! I want to know if your blog pages are a representation of your real life or of the life you wish you had. I'm curious if I'm the only woman in the land of immediate satisfaction with an ugly shell of a master bedroom, two toddlers in a permanent war over everything, a husband who's constantly hugging us good-bye (he's a stud of a guy who loves us and works extremely hard so we can spend our days worry-free), a yard full of weeds (or as I like to call them...accessories), etc...

most honest ad ever. Tina Fey for AmEx
The expectation that we ladies are supposed to keep it all together, not get tired, not complain, not try to do too much, but do something, not give up, but let it all go, don't worry about our hubby's work, but be interested and supportive. Is being a wife and a mother enough (it's more than enough) or do we try to tack on a dream (some of us are wired to do something)? Can I get a fist bump...or are you staring at your computer thinking "she gone." 

Well, here's a look behind my scenes. It's like a juggling act where one week the balls are in a beautiful rotation and life is operating without a hitch...and the next week I can't seem to catch a single ball long enough to toss it back into the air. Anyone? Life is like that spinning wheel on the playground...you know, the round thing that you jump on and it spins until you get dizzy? Some kids hold on tight and plant their feet and other kids fall off or jump, mid-spin.

This month has been full of good things and still, I'm hanging on with one foot dragging. How about you? Wherever you are today, keep on keepin' on and know that tomorrow you'll wonder what yesterday's problem was and you'll be fine. Life can seem like a bitch sometimes...but who cares. Dig deep and you'll find a wellspring of can-do. When you do, that feeling of can't do will fade away. If you haven't hit unsubscribe yet, you're a good person...who probably identified on some level with everything I actually just published into forever-there-can't take it back-space.

I think I'll treat myself to a larger than life sweet tea now. Y'all have a GOOD Tuesday. I'll be cheering for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment