photo homenew1.jpg photo aboutnew1.jpg photo recipesnew1.jpg

June 7, 2014

Holy Smokes, Batman...

SO...When Mary Cannon turned three, SOMEBODY (maybe me, but probably not, but yeah...) threw more of a bat mitzvah than a simple party. MC came up with the theme (Princess-Rockstar), and I, along with a few special helpers, executed the plan. Mac (and possibly other family members...and maybe a few friends' husbands) haven't let me forget that I lost my mind for a few days. But come on, it was a great party. Even if there were only two of us bustin' a move to D.J. Perfect's playlist (Disc. Jockey.).


Ford turns three on Monday and it just hit me why Mac's been a little "off" today. He's totally freaking out inside that I've hired an elite Bavarian unicyclist to come perform for everyone. Wow. It's all making sense now...the man-power 'tude...the not wanting me to leave the house...flipping his sweet little lid when I asked if we had black jumbo trash bags...

Earlier today, I finally convinced Mac to let me go (!) to the store. I mean, the kid has to have a birthday. He doesn't ask for much. He plays 'my little pony' with his big sister and never complains. All he requested was Batman and the dudes in his pre-school class. Mac gave me $40 cash and said "shop away." So generous. Thank you...? 

Didn't Rachael Ray have a show call $4o a Day? That was her meal budget. Game on...$40, a handful of kids, < 24 hours until the guests arrive...I'll let you know how it goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment